Convert PowerPoint® to PDF
This tutorial shows how to convert a Microsoft® Powerpoint presentation to PDF using a virtual PDF printer driver such as novaPDF. Once installed, novaPDF lets you create PDF files from any Windows application that supports printing, thus to convert a presentation to PDF you need to download and install novaPDF first.
Once novaPDF is installed you can convert your PowerPoint presentations/slideshows into PDF files – by simply choosing novaPDF as a printer and clicking the Print button. Having your PowerPoint presentations in PDF format is an advantage if you want to send it to other users, as they would not need to have PowerPoint installed to view or print it.
Convert PowerPoint presentations to PDF files (ppt/pptx to pdf)
- Open Microsoft PowerPoint 2007 and go to Office Button->Open (or press Ctrl+O), browse for the presentation you want to convert to PDF and open it
- Go to Office Button->Print (or press Ctrl+P) and in the Printer section select novaPDF
- Before you create the PDF file you can adjust the settings for the novaPDF printer by using the Properties button
- Click on OK and choose the location where you want the PDF file saved. After the PDF is created it will be opened in the default PDF viewer
To convert a Microsoft PowerPoint 2003 presentation to a PDF:
- Open Microsoft Office PowerPoint and go to File->Open, browse for the presentation you want converted to PDF and open it
- Go to File->Print and in the Printer section select novaPDF
- Before creating the PDF file you can adjust novaPDF's settings by using the Properties button (for instance adding document information, using auto-save options, embedding fonts)
- Click on OK and choose a location where you want the PDF file saved. After the PDF is created it will be automatically opened in the default PDF viewer (by default, but this can be configured too using novaPDF's Properties window).
novaPDF includes a PDF merging (combining) option, so if you want to add new PowerPoint presentations in an existing PDF you can use novaPDF's own merge option. This will let you print a PowerPoint presentation to PDF and after that print other slides/presentations to the same pdf (before, after or as background/foreground for the existing PDF). Even better, you can merge content with an existing PDF from other programs too (so for instance if you want to print to the same PDF an Excel worksheet, a PowerPoint presentation and a Publisher file, you can use novaPDF's merge/combine/overlay option to do so). You can read more about the PDF merging option here: Merge PDF files with novaPDF
Related searches: PowerPoint to PDF, convert PowerPoint to PDF, PowerPoint PDF, presentation to PDF, ppt to PDF, pptx to PDF